Propipe have the capacity to test at pressures of up to 1000 Bar (14,500 psi) using some of the most advanced state-of-the-art pressure testing equipment and supported by our highly-experienced team of specialist engineers.
For pipeline plugs and pig tracking equipment, Propipe has two dedicated hydrotest facilities to support testing of products.
1000 Bar Pressure Vessel
This vessel is designed specifically for testing of all subsea Trident pig tracking equipment.
- Operating Pressure 1000bar (14,500 psi)
- Equivalent Depth: 10000 meters or 32,808 feet below sea level
- Temperature: 20°C to +100°C
- Chamber Size: Vessel bore 500mm x 2500mm depth (1.6ft x 8.2ft)
- Test Media: Water / Water and Glycol
- Closure: Semi-quick acting with multiple ports and test product handling system
- Full test reports and camera system
Pipeline plugs are tested within a dedicated test bay to validate designs (Factory Acceptance Testing).
Project specific test rigs are manufactured for use during Factory Acceptance Testing. Test rigs range from 2” > 48” with pressures up to 1000Bar. High resolution data acquisition equipment is used to record the test. Test durations, mediums, temperatures are all varied to replicate project requirements.